KATU-TV reports that Camerino Ortega-Espinosa instead found himself handcuffed after the incident.
The female driver told police she pulled over after seeing the lights, but that Ortega-Espinosa declined to say which police agency employed him. He then showed her a gun.
She called 911.
Ortega-Espinosa tells the station that the incident was misunderstanding, that he wanted to make sure the woman wasn't driving drunk and he's sorry.
Ortega-Espinosa has been charged with impersonating a police officer.
When arrested, police say he had a fully loaded .40-caliber semiautomatic pistol.
Most recent Off the Wire posts
- Australia dumps titles knights and dames from honors awards Nov. 1
- Creepy Halloween doll in I-5 carpool lane doesn’t fool officer Oct. 28
- Salem ‘witch’ takes self-proclaimed warlock to court over alleged harassment Oct. 27
- Police: Suspect arrested after he accidentally dialed 911 Oct. 18
- Bees swarm on 767 in Texas Oct. 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.