From a Port of Everett press release:
"Carter, 58, grew up in Everett and his father worked at the Simpson Pulp and Paper Mill on the Snohomish River. Carter’s career took him all over the country throughout his early years and then back to the Pacific Northwest. When he had the opportunity to put his strategic financial skills to use in his hometown, he jumped at the opportunity.
"I am very excited to work for such a great organization, with such outstanding opportunities,” Carter said. “and, to do so in a place where I have deep family roots is an added bonus."
Carter is a Certified Public Accountant licensed in Washington state, is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Government Finance Officers Association, and an Executive Board Member of the Northwest Economic Development Council. He received his bachelor’s degree in accounting from Central Washington University. He comes to the Port of Everett from the city of Bellingham as their Director of Finance, which is an appointed position that manages a $250 million budget. Before that, he spent 18 years in the port industry as the CFO at the Port of Bellingham."
Read the full press release.
And here is the press release from Bellingham, via the Bellingham Herald.
Most recent Bizblog posts
- Briefs: New director of development hired for EdCC Foundation Sep. 18
- Briefs: Lynnwood tattoo and salon to raise money for breast cancer research Sep. 17
- Briefs: New member joins Housing Hope's board Sep. 16
- Briefs: Howie's Beardslee Public House raises money for UW Bothell, Cascadia College Sep. 15
- Briefs: Hundreds attend Career Fair at Tulalip Resort Casino Sep. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.