The recall affects 2013 model cars sold mainly in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Ford said the safety locks can be turned off when the doors are opened or closed. That could allow a door to be opened with the inside door handle and possibly hurt a child. The company said no injuries have been reported from the problem.
The recall covers cars and SUVs built from Nov. 29 to Dec. 12 of last year. Dealers will test the locks and replace door latches if needed at no cost to owners.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
McCain sees potential trouble ahead for Boeing KC-46 tanker With new dealership, Chevrolet is returning to Everett Briefs: Doc Martens store opens in Tulalip Mountlake Terrace’s 1st Security Bank to buy four branches on Olympic Peninsula Job fair to help people take next step FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.