Southbound Highway 529 is scheduled to be closed from 8 p.m. Monday to 5 a.m. Tuesday across the bridge. Northbound is scheduled to be closed from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Southbound drivers will follow a signed detour using 4th Street in Marysville. Northbound drivers will exit to I-5 and then at the 4th Street exit to reach Marysville.
Painting of the road stripes is the final step in the $39 million project that replaced the old two-lane drawbridge, built in 1925, with a new, fixed-span, four-lane bridge.
The new bridge opened to traffic in April 2012. The old bridge was dismantled and removed over the course of last year.
About 17,000 drivers use the Ebey Slough Bridge daily between Marysville and Everett.
For more information visit the state’s project page for the bridge.
E-mail us at email@example.com. Please include your city of residence.
Bill Sheets: 425-339-3439; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most recent Street Smarts posts
- Some changes, more waiting for new I-405 bottleneck Nov. 23
- Signal timing on 88th Street NE near I-5 remains sore spot Nov. 23
- Seasonal closure begins on Highway 20 Nov. 17
- Mann Road to close for Burlington Northern crossing repairs Nov. 16
- Finishing Highway 522 widening? Add it to the long(shot) list Nov. 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.