KIRO-TV reported the man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Renton Fire Department Battalion Chief Kevin Anderson says the man had significant injuries that were caused by a homemade firework.
Debris was found around a Renton apartment complex, including some debris as far away as 125 feet.
Sparkler bombs are basically many sparklers wrapped together.
Information from: KIRO-TV, htthttp://www.kirotv.com/index.html
More Northwest Headlines
Man attacked by bear at Joint Base Lewis-McChord More than 350 people evacuated as Lake Chelan wildfire grows Tourists flock to gawk at highway projects such as Seattle’s floating bridge Kitsap sewage spill prompts warning to stay out of water Medical examiner: Man who died in custody inhaled vomit Miss Tri-Cities loses crown after theft conviction revealed A look at the extreme West Coast weather With protest over, Shell prepares for Arctic Ocean drilling
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.