Everett guards Sidney and Darian Rielly helped lead the West team to a 78-71 victory over the East in the 17th Annual Washington/North Idaho All State Game in Spokane on June 22. Sidney Rielly, who recently committed to Santa Clara University, was named the Most Valuable Player of the 2A/3A game, leading the West squad with 18 points, nine rebounds and two assists.
Darian Rielly, who will be a junior this upcoming season, also had a strong showing for the West shooting 3-for-5 from beyond the 3-point arc and finishing with 13 points and two assists.
“Both of the girls played extremely well,” said Greg Rielly, Darian and Sidney’s father, in an e-mail. “If Sidney did not win the MVP certainly Darian would have.”
The duo helped lead Everett to its first district title in about 20 years this past season. Both return to the Seagulls for the 2013-14 season.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- All-State cross country race set for July 11 July 3
- Snohomish and Archbishop Murphy highlight All-State boys soccer teams July 3
- First-annual Snohomish Summer Smash tennis tournament starts July 24 July 3
- Glacier Peak's Pettit takes over Twitter from East-West football game June 30
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.