Everett guards Sidney and Darian Rielly helped lead the West team to a 78-71 victory over the East in the 17th Annual Washington/North Idaho All State Game in Spokane on June 22. Sidney Rielly, who recently committed to Santa Clara University, was named the Most Valuable Player of the 2A/3A game, leading the West squad with 18 points, nine rebounds and two assists.
Darian Rielly, who will be a junior this upcoming season, also had a strong showing for the West shooting 3-for-5 from beyond the 3-point arc and finishing with 13 points and two assists.
“Both of the girls played extremely well,” said Greg Rielly, Darian and Sidney’s father, in an e-mail. “If Sidney did not win the MVP certainly Darian would have.”
The duo helped lead Everett to its first district title in about 20 years this past season. Both return to the Seagulls for the 2013-14 season.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Dmochowsky, Oxnevad, Davenport among several local players on WSBCA all-state baseball team June 22
- Haner leaves Jackson for Shorewood June 17
- Lynnwood girls win 4th straight Edmonds Summer Shootout title June 15
- Boys Prep Athlete of the Year Podcast June 15
- Girls Prep Athlete of the Year Podcast June 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.