Mariners DFA Jeremy Bonderman, recall Lucas Luetge
Bonderman was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Monday, meaning the team has 10 days to trade him, release him or outright him to the minors.
Bonderman went 1-3 with a 4.93 earned-run average in seven starts with the Mariners. He had a nice stretch in mid-June, posting a 1-0 record and a 1.42 ERA over four starts, but Bonderman is 0-2 in his past two starts with a 10.80 ERA.
Reliever Lucas Luetge fills out the 25-man roster for now, but the Mariners will need to add a starting pitcher by Thursday, which was scheduled to be Bonderman's next turn in the rotation. A likely candidate is Erasmo Ramirez, who likely would have won a roster spot to start the season had it not been for an elbow issue during spring training. Ramirez is pitching at Class AAA Tacoma.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Brandon Browner announces he has been reinstated by the NFL March 4
- Seahawks reportedly place second-round tender on S Jeron Johnson March 4
- Two Seahawks weigh in on N-word debate March 4
- Pete Carroll leaves the door open to possible Red Bryant, Sidney Rice returns March 4
- Seahawks don’t use franchise tag, as expected March 3
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.