Mariners DFA Jeremy Bonderman, recall Lucas Luetge
Bonderman was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Monday, meaning the team has 10 days to trade him, release him or outright him to the minors.
Bonderman went 1-3 with a 4.93 earned-run average in seven starts with the Mariners. He had a nice stretch in mid-June, posting a 1-0 record and a 1.42 ERA over four starts, but Bonderman is 0-2 in his past two starts with a 10.80 ERA.
Reliever Lucas Luetge fills out the 25-man roster for now, but the Mariners will need to add a starting pitcher by Thursday, which was scheduled to be Bonderman's next turn in the rotation. A likely candidate is Erasmo Ramirez, who likely would have won a roster spot to start the season had it not been for an elbow issue during spring training. Ramirez is pitching at Class AAA Tacoma.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
- Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson March 7
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.