Mariners DFA Jeremy Bonderman, recall Lucas Luetge
Bonderman was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Monday, meaning the team has 10 days to trade him, release him or outright him to the minors.
Bonderman went 1-3 with a 4.93 earned-run average in seven starts with the Mariners. He had a nice stretch in mid-June, posting a 1-0 record and a 1.42 ERA over four starts, but Bonderman is 0-2 in his past two starts with a 10.80 ERA.
Reliever Lucas Luetge fills out the 25-man roster for now, but the Mariners will need to add a starting pitcher by Thursday, which was scheduled to be Bonderman's next turn in the rotation. A likely candidate is Erasmo Ramirez, who likely would have won a roster spot to start the season had it not been for an elbow issue during spring training. Ramirez is pitching at Class AAA Tacoma.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Make-a-Wish midfielder Xander Bailey enjoys his day as a Sounder July 18
- Wednesday links: Bobby Wagner says Broncos 'looked scared' July 16
- Felix Hernandez named All-Star game starter July 14
- Clint Dempsey on the World Cup and his return to the Sounders July 11
- Dempsey on Letterman, Sherman in the top 10, Seahawks set for the future and other Thursday links July 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.