Everett Fire releases annual report, joins Twitter
The report was the source of a bit of contention this spring between union leaders and the city.
If you're interested in response times, and how they're calculated, you'll find it all explained there.
The report also says that the department responds to an average 55 emergencies in city limits each day. The department was dispatched to more than 18,600 incidents in 2012.
You can read the 22-page report here or as the PDF attachment to the right. There are some pretty charts, and informative breakdowns of the call load.
Most of their calls are medical emergencies versus fires, the report says. Individual 2012 neighborhood reports are here.
Meanwhile, the department also has joined Twitter and is posting some breaking news updates to @EverettFire. It's a good place to check if you're hearing sirens or seeing smoke on the horizon in Everett.
Most recent Sirens posts
- New fire chief hired for North County Nov. 19
- Everett firefighter arrested in sex-crimes investigation Nov. 19
- 3 people, dog escape from fire that destroyed house near Snohomish Nov. 19
- Unattended stove blamed in Edmonds house fire Nov. 18
- Granite Falls police chief remains on leave after crash Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.