Seahawks fans aim to break record for crowd noise in home opener
In that game between rivals Galatasary and Fenerbahce, crowd noises were recorded at 131.76 decibels. Of course that doesn’t necessarily make that the loudest game in sports history, just the loudest with Guinness on hand to certify the achievement (is being loud an achievement?).
According to Seahawks.com, fans produce noise levels of 112 decibels (I’m sure the fact that it’s 112 and not 111 or 113 is purely a coincidence, right?), which if accurate means Seahawks fans have their work cut out for them come Sept.
We know that CenutryLink Field and the fans who fill it are extremely loud. This fall we’ll apparently find out if they are world record loud.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seven Seahawks ruled out for Sunday’s game, but none traded Oct. 24
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Marysville-Pilchuck shooting: 'Our hearts are out to everybody involved' Oct. 24
- Seahawks’ special teams coordinator Brian Schneider calls Sunday’s loss, ‘a perfect storm’ Oct. 23
- Michael Bennett and Bryan Walters added to Seahawks' Thursday injury report Oct. 23
- Seahawks getting huge ratings numbers in 2014 Oct. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.