RED FLAG WARNING - A red flag warning has been issued for the southeast third of Washington state today. Red flag means weather conditions are ideal for fires to start and grow rapidly. Please use extreme caution today!
Also, there is a burn ban in place on DNR-protected lands until Sept. 30. Most types of outdoor burning are prohibited on lands under state DNR fire protection. Federal lands are not included in the ban. Fires are allowed in approved pits in designated campgrounds. Stoves and barbecues are also not included in the ban. Read more about it here. Click here to check out the fire danger where you are.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- 9 days of wilderness and backpacking on the PCT Sep. 27
- Trip on the PCT is life changing for creator of popular podcast Sep. 27
- Youth volunteers spend two weeks working on PCT Sep. 27
- State parks, national parks, forest service sites will be free on Saturday Sep. 23
- Dance, dine and help underserved kids get outside Sep. 17
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.