Beware of extreme fire danger east of Cascades
RED FLAG WARNING - A red flag warning has been issued for the southeast third of Washington state today. Red flag means weather conditions are ideal for fires to start and grow rapidly. Please use extreme caution today!
Also, there is a burn ban in place on DNR-protected lands until Sept. 30. Most types of outdoor burning are prohibited on lands under state DNR fire protection. Federal lands are not included in the ban. Fires are allowed in approved pits in designated campgrounds. Stoves and barbecues are also not included in the ban. Read more about it here. Click here to check out the fire danger where you are.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Staircase Rapids: Easy hike along a charming river Jan. 20
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.