RED FLAG WARNING - A red flag warning has been issued for the southeast third of Washington state today. Red flag means weather conditions are ideal for fires to start and grow rapidly. Please use extreme caution today!
Also, there is a burn ban in place on DNR-protected lands until Sept. 30. Most types of outdoor burning are prohibited on lands under state DNR fire protection. Federal lands are not included in the ban. Fires are allowed in approved pits in designated campgrounds. Stoves and barbecues are also not included in the ban. Read more about it here. Click here to check out the fire danger where you are.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Worst wildfire weather of season for this weekend July 31
- Enjoy a low-key family weekend at Buck Creek Campground July 26
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.