Herald to move to Frontier building on 41st Street
"After an exhaustive search we have secured a long-term lease in the Frontier Building on 41st Street in Everett," Herald publisher Josh O'Connor announced in a company-wide email Friday morning.
The Daily Herald will be the majority tenant on the third floor of the south tower.
Frontier Communications sold the building in November to 1800 41st Street LLC, a Delaware corporation registered in Washington. The new owner has plans to upgrade the building.
The south tower has been vacated by Frontier since the purchase, which represents half of the total square footage of the building.
"We looked at other options within the downtown area, but those buildings couldn't provide an open floor plan and parking was very limited," O'Connor wrote.
The new address will be 1800 41st St.
The newsroom, advertising, business office and other departments will be moved from their current location at 1213 California St., overlooking Everett's waterfront. The move is expected to take place in January 2014.
The Washington Post Co., which sold the newspaper to Sound Publishing earlier this year, still owns the Herald building and is anticipated to list it for sale on Aug. 1. The Herald has been at that location since 1959.
MORE HBJ HEADLINES
- Everett Clinic to lease space in Frontier Building
- Boeing, SpaceX will beat Russia on price for astronaut rides
- Milk industry fights back against Ďanti-dairy folksí
- WikiLeaks slams Google over delay in revealing US warrants
- Govít to overhaul Medicare payments to doctors, hospitals
- Supreme Court knocks down promised health benefits for union retirees
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.