Police searched the area and determined the caller made a false report to 911.
The caller has a history of mental health issues, according to an Everett police spokesman.
Rescue crews were summoned about noon to the scene near the U.S. 2 trestle.
The incident remains under investigation.
Most recent Sirens posts
- Fugitive Watch Aug. 21, 2015
- Everett police seek gas-siphoning suspect, caught on video Aug. 18, 2015
- Edmonds police release video related to weekend shooting Aug. 18, 2015
- Tips help rescuers find hiker in Glacier Peak Wilderness Aug. 18, 2015
- Everett man struck by car in stable condition Aug. 18, 2015
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.