Here's what the Forest Service had to say:
Looking for a lofty getaway? Spend the night in the Evergreen Mountain lookout, perched up on a ridge 5,587 feet on Evergreen Mountain in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest. No maid service is provided and you'll need to bring your own bed, food and water, but on a clear day you'll wake to views of Glacier Peak, Mount Daniels, Keyes Peak and Columbia Glacier. It's a steep 1.5-mile hike on the Evergreen Lookout Trail 1056. The Civilian Conservation Corps built the lookout in 1935 to stand fire watch over the Skykomish Ranger District. The Evergreen Mountain Lookout is available now through October for $50 per night plus deposit. Make reservations at the Skykomish Ranger District, 74920 NE Stevens Pass Hwy. Skykomish, WA 98288 or call 360-677-2414.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Edmonds endurance hiker went off trail to train for record-setting hike Nov. 25
- Stevens Pass purchases snow maker for base area Nov. 24
- Tips to stay safe while playing outside in winter Nov. 20
- Storm damaged many national forest trails and roads Nov. 20
- Mount Baker Ski Area to open on Thursday Nov. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.