Check out Mount Baker lodge for weekend getaway
If you've never seen Mount Baker in the summer, here's your chance. Most of the trails melt out by mid-August. Even inexperienced hikers will have plenty of chances to explore the trails. And by staying at the lodge, you'll have more time to explore.
The lodge is just 3 miles from Artist Point, accessible by car. The point offers stunning panoramic views of Mount Baker and Mount Shuksan. During summer, the wildflowers are prolific, and in early fall, there are plenty of blueberries ripe for the picking.
The lodge is dormitory-style lodging. You'll need to bring your own bedding. Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Saturday are provided. Guests are expected to help with meal preparation or chores.
The lodge is open to the public. Most weekends are available, and a few weekdays. For adult nonmembers, the fee is $86 for the whole weekend, $56 for nonmembers 14 and younger. Mountaineers members get a discount on the fee. Check http://bit.ly/12v4UnP for a full schedule and cost scale.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Make reservations now for best summer camping spots Jan. 18
- Got high hopes? Try Everett Mountaineer's scrambling course Jan. 16
- Climbers finish free climb of inspiring route on El Capitan Jan. 14
- Parks, Forest Service go fee-free for MLK Day Jan. 14
- Learn the basics of boating at upcoming classes Jan. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.