But now I have a new favorite bookstore to add to my list. Mountain Loop Books and Coffee in Darrington is a great place to caffeinate and shop.
My own family visited Mountain Loop Books and Coffee while we were headed for a camping trip along the Mountain Loop Scenic Byway. My husband dropped the kids and me off to hang out while he went to buy water and gas. By the time he picked us up, we were loaded up with reading material. Since the used books were priced at $1 or $2 each, it was easy to indulge.
I was especially impressed by the store’s collection of biographies for middle grade readers. My son bought books about Isaac Newton, Patrick Henry and Louis XIV. My only regret is that I couldn’t talk him into the biography of Jenny Lind.
Mountain Loop Books and Coffee is at 1085 Darrington Street.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Blogs and social media are great ways to find your voice Aug. 16
- Dining with happy kids can be one frightful experience Aug. 9
- Breasts made for babies, so chill out Aug. 2
- School is right around the corner, so have fun while the sun shines July 26
- The Good Shoe-maritan: Teen was the hero while others sat by July 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.