A stop-worthy book shop in Darrington
But now I have a new favorite bookstore to add to my list. Mountain Loop Books and Coffee in Darrington is a great place to caffeinate and shop.
My own family visited Mountain Loop Books and Coffee while we were headed for a camping trip along the Mountain Loop Scenic Byway. My husband dropped the kids and me off to hang out while he went to buy water and gas. By the time he picked us up, we were loaded up with reading material. Since the used books were priced at $1 or $2 each, it was easy to indulge.
I was especially impressed by the store’s collection of biographies for middle grade readers. My son bought books about Isaac Newton, Patrick Henry and Louis XIV. My only regret is that I couldn’t talk him into the biography of Jenny Lind.
Mountain Loop Books and Coffee is at 1085 Darrington Street.
Most recent I Brake for Moms posts
- Help your local Girl Scout, even if you order online Feb. 22
- Fed up with the squirrel show out my back window Feb. 15
- Traveling without your children requires keeping guilt at bay Feb. 8
- Some of us aren't football crazy; please don't hold it against us Feb. 1
- Putting the inmates ... er, kids to work Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.