Sounders FW Eddie Johnson called in by US National Team
The US team, which is currently participating in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, made a few roster changes heading into the tournament's knockout stages, including the addition of Johnson to the roster. That means Johnson will miss Saturday's game against Colorado, and depending on how the US does, he could also be out for Seattle's following game on July 28 vs. Chivas USA.
The good news for the Sounders is that forward Obafemi Martins, who missed last weekends game, trained fully on Tuesday--the team was off Wednesday--so barring a setback he will likely be available.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Panthers Wednesday injury report Oct. 22
- Wednesday Seahawks injury update from Pete Carroll Oct. 22
- Doug Baldwin on the state of the Seahawks after trade, losses Oct. 22
- Seahawks add TE Brett Brackett, waive TE RaShaun Allen Oct. 21
- Carroll talks Harvin, Rams' special teams trickery; your Tuesday Seahawks links Oct. 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.