Sounders FW Eddie Johnson called in by US National Team
The US team, which is currently participating in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, made a few roster changes heading into the tournament's knockout stages, including the addition of Johnson to the roster. That means Johnson will miss Saturday's game against Colorado, and depending on how the US does, he could also be out for Seattle's following game on July 28 vs. Chivas USA.
The good news for the Sounders is that forward Obafemi Martins, who missed last weekends game, trained fully on Tuesday--the team was off Wednesday--so barring a setback he will likely be available.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
- Seahawks re-sign Jeanpierre and Johnson March 7
- Seahawks DE Michael Bennett will test free agency March 6
- Brandon Browner suspended for first four games of 2014 March 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.