Sounders FW Eddie Johnson called in by US National Team
The US team, which is currently participating in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, made a few roster changes heading into the tournament's knockout stages, including the addition of Johnson to the roster. That means Johnson will miss Saturday's game against Colorado, and depending on how the US does, he could also be out for Seattle's following game on July 28 vs. Chivas USA.
The good news for the Sounders is that forward Obafemi Martins, who missed last weekends game, trained fully on Tuesday--the team was off Wednesday--so barring a setback he will likely be available.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks snow-day links Dec. 20
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report includes some new names Dec. 19
- Richard Sherman on DPOY race, "idiot" draft analysts, Larry Fitzgerald and more Dec. 19
- When rivalry one-upmanship becomes a very good thing; plus Thursday links Dec. 19
- Seahawks-Cardinals Thursday injury report Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.