The US team, which is currently participating in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, made a few roster changes heading into the tournament's knockout stages, including the addition of Johnson to the roster. That means Johnson will miss Saturday's game against Colorado, and depending on how the US does, he could also be out for Seattle's following game on July 28 vs. Chivas USA.
The good news for the Sounders is that forward Obafemi Martins, who missed last weekends game, trained fully on Tuesday--the team was off Wednesday--so barring a setback he will likely be available.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks poll: Super Bowl bound? Sep. 11
- Wilson's added duties, Mebane on atmosphere, and Lynch's new number Sep. 10
- Richard expresses optimism re: Chancellor, Thomas delivers zingers Sep. 10
- Carroll, Sherman on Chancellor, Thomas and more (updated with Chancellor speaks, injuries) Sep. 9
- Wednesday Seahawks transactions: Turbin waived Sep. 9
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.