Neale advances to final of steeplechase at Euro Juniors
Running for Great Britain, former Glacier Peak runner takes third in her semifinal
Neale finished less than eight seconds behind winner Oona Kettunen, of Finland, and second-place finisher Marusa Mismas, of Slovakia. The future University of Washington runner is ranked fourth going into Saturday's steeplechase final behind Kettunen, Mismas and Sweden's Maria Larsson, who won the second semifinal in a time of 9:56.90.
The 3,000 women's steeplechase final is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. (8:30 a.m. PST) on Saturday. To watch live coverage of the event, click here.
The 3,000 steeplechase is comprised of 35 barries, which are 2 feet, 6 inches high, five for each lap with seven water jumps. Each water jump is 12 feet long and the same width. The deepest part of the water is 2-feet-3.5 and slopes upwards towards the running level.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- GP's Berg signs with Missouri Valley to play lacrosse Dec. 17
- Jackson's Dan Kingma to walk-on to UW men's hoops team Dec. 12
- The Herald's Basketball Power Rankings | Week 1 Dec. 10
- Local lacrosse player Girgus signs to Mount Olive College Nov. 27
- Darrington players make all-league football team Nov. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.