Mariners rookie Brad Miller named AL Player of the Week
Miller is the first Mariners rookie to earn that honor since Ken Griffey Jr. in April of 1989 (how Ichiro never earned the award is beyond me).
From the team:
In three games vs. the Astros, Miller hit .385 (5x13) with 4 runs scored, 2 home runs, 7 RBI and a 1.346 OPS…he recorded the first 2 home runs and a career-high 5 RBI Friday vs. the Astros…Miller becomes the first Mariners player to earn POW honors since Felix Hernandez (8/20/12), and the first position player since Justin Smoak (6/4/12)…he is the first Mariners rookie to earn the honor since Ken Griffey Jr. in 1989 (week ending 4/30/89)…in 19 games this season Miller is batting .272 (20x74) with 14 RBI.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Michael Bennett signs 4-year deal to stay in Seattle March 10
- Michael Bennett expected to sign with Bears… Wait, no, never mind March 10
- Report: Red Bryant heading to Jacksonville March 8
- Seahawks place second-round tender on WR Doug Baldwin March 7
- Clint Dempsey back with Sounders; available for Saturday’s opener March 7
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.