Mariners rookie Brad Miller named AL Player of the Week
Miller is the first Mariners rookie to earn that honor since Ken Griffey Jr. in April of 1989 (how Ichiro never earned the award is beyond me).
From the team:
In three games vs. the Astros, Miller hit .385 (5x13) with 4 runs scored, 2 home runs, 7 RBI and a 1.346 OPS…he recorded the first 2 home runs and a career-high 5 RBI Friday vs. the Astros…Miller becomes the first Mariners player to earn POW honors since Felix Hernandez (8/20/12), and the first position player since Justin Smoak (6/4/12)…he is the first Mariners rookie to earn the honor since Ken Griffey Jr. in 1989 (week ending 4/30/89)…in 19 games this season Miller is batting .272 (20x74) with 14 RBI.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks clinch a playoff berth, inactives and other pregame notes Dec. 21
- Cliff Avril excited to ‘keep the party going’ with Seahawks Dec. 19
- Seahawks injury updates: Okung and Unger won't play, but Sweezy will Dec. 19
- Seahawks sign DE Cliff Avril to a four-year contract extension Dec. 19
- Seahawks Thursday injury report: three of five starting linemen still sitting out Dec. 18
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.