Wedge, who had to be helped off the field prior to Monday's game, is out of the hospital and home resting after suffering what doctors believe was a very mild stroke. Most importantly, Wedge is expected to make a full recovery.
Wedge will miss the upcoming home series against Minnesota, as well as Seattle's upcoming road trip to Boston and Baltimore. Robby Thompson will continue to manage the team until Wedge returns.
Here is the full statement from the team:
We are happy to announce that Eric Wedge has been released from the hospital today.
He is home with his family resting and feeling well.
After much testing the doctors believe he suffered a very mild stroke. The doctors expect that he will have a full and complete recovery.
Eric will not be in uniform for the Minnesota series, and will miss the upcoming road trip to Boston and Baltimore.
He is looking forward to being back with the team in the near future and will be available to you for questions at that time.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.