This is John Mayer's first tour in three years. He explained he has been hiding out in Montana lately, saying that it has saved his life and thanked everyone for coming to the show saying they must have really wanted to see him because the Gorge "isn't on the way to anywhere."
Mayer's comeback and return to the Gorge were well received, to say the least. Fans packed in early and sang along to both his old classics and new hits all night.
Mayer is releasing a video series on YouTube called "Road Sessions" from his Born & Raised Tour. Below is Road Session number four from the Gorge. It's kind of weird to see John Mayer riding an electric scooter around a completely empty Gorge Amphitheater.
Most recent What Radio? posts
- Roundup of the mind-blowing music at this year's Sasquatch! May 29
- Is this the best Sasquatch! lineup ever? May 21
- Fisherman's Village Music Festival artist highlight: Joseph May 7
- Fisherman's Village Music Festival artist highlight: Cuff Lynx May 6
- Fisherman's Village Music Festival artist highlight: The Helio Sequence May 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.