Power tool sparks gunpowder in Pendleton; 2 burned
Fire Marshal Tyler Nokes says sparks from the tool touched off gunpowder, and Brad Orton was severely burned.
Nokes says homeowner Lisa Adams asked Orton for help removing the padlock on Monday. Adams' husband, now dead, was a gun enthusiast who reloaded his ammunition in the garage.
Witnesses told the East Oregonian (http://bit.ly/143yrv5) they heard several pops before seeing flames.
Adams was less seriously burned. Both were in a burn center in Portland.
The garage suffered major damage. The adjoining home had smoke damage.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.