Catcher Mike Zunino, who injured his hand Thursday on a second-inning RBI single, has a fractured hamate bone and has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. Zunino will have surgery next week and is expected to miss approximately six weeks.
A corresponding move has not yet been made, but expect to see the Mariners call up a catcher with Henry Blanco currently the only catcher on the roster.
Since being called up from Tacoma on June 12, Zunino hit .242 with 4 doubles, 2 home runs and 10 RBI in 29 games. He's been heating up of late, hitting .324 in his last 11 games with 2 doubles, one home run, 6 RBI and 7 walks.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.