Mariners C Mike Zunino placed on disabled list
Catcher Mike Zunino, who injured his hand Thursday on a second-inning RBI single, has a fractured hamate bone and has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. Zunino will have surgery next week and is expected to miss approximately six weeks.
A corresponding move has not yet been made, but expect to see the Mariners call up a catcher with Henry Blanco currently the only catcher on the roster.
Since being called up from Tacoma on June 12, Zunino hit .242 with 4 doubles, 2 home runs and 10 RBI in 29 games. He's been heating up of late, hitting .324 in his last 11 games with 2 doubles, one home run, 6 RBI and 7 walks.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
- Report: Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn to be named Falcons head coach on Feb. 2 Jan. 25
- Transcript of a very strange Bill Belichick press conference Jan. 24
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Friday press conference Jan. 23
- Seahawks GM John Schneider talks Marshawn Lynch, Percy Harvin trade, Russell Wilson and more Jan. 23
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.