Brandon Browner on MMA, the Legion of Boom and getting a raise
While we don't know yet the size of said raise--Browner was scheduled to make $555,000 before this new deal--Browner said the move was appreciated.
"It’s a good gesture," he said. "I’m a team guy, I’m about playing football, that’s what I want to do here. Help this team be successful."
Asked if the Seahawks approached him about the deal or if it came from his side, Browner only said, "It happens sometimes like that."
Asked more about the raise, Browner said, "I’m here to play football. We already make more than the average guy, so I’m happy, satisfied. I was up there in Canada making 50 grand. . . so I’m satisfied."
And asked if he wants to stay here beyond this year, Browner answered, "Most definitely. I want the Legion of Boom to really mean something when it’s all said and done with, not just something we made up last year. I really want that to hold weight for years to come."
Oh, and I told you there'd be some MMA in this post, didn't I?
Well among the guests at today's practice was UFC president Dana White. Browner, as you may know, is a bit physical for a corner. In fact, he even did a little MMA training in the offseason.
Asked how he would do in the ring, Browner said, "I would take myself against anybody one-on-one."
How 'bout Jerome Simpsons?
"What about him?" he said with a smile.
Now why would anyone be asking Browner about Simpson? Well there was this from two years ago.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Monday Super Bowl week press conference Jan. 26
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.