The Herald of Everett, Washington
HeraldNet on Facebook HeraldNet on Twitter HeraldNet RSS feeds HeraldNet Pinterest HeraldNet Google Plus HeraldNet Youtube
HeraldNet Newsletters  Newsletters: Sign up | Manage  Green editions icon Green editions

Calendar


HeraldNet Headlines
HeraldNet Newsletter Delivered to your inbox each week.
Published: Friday, July 26, 2013, 1:23 p.m.

Serious burns after man stumbles into fire pit

HANSVILLE -- A 38-year-old Suquamish man is reported in serious condition at a Seattle hospital after he was burned when he apparently stumbled into a fire pit.
Kitsap County sheriff's spokesman Scott Wilson said alcohol was a factor in the accident early Thursday.
Witnesses told deputies there was a Wednesday night gathering with a bonfire at a home in the Hansville area. The man's companions went to bed but were awakened early Thursday by his cries for help. They pulled him out of the fire's dying embers.
A fire and rescue spokeswoman said the man was unable to tell medics how he ended up in the fire.
Story tags » Disasters (general)

Share your comments: Log in using your HeraldNet account or your Facebook, Twitter or Disqus profile. Comments that violate the rules are subject to removal. Please see our terms of use. Please note that you must verify your email address for your comments to appear.

You are logged in using your HeraldNet ID. Click here to update your profile. | Log out.

Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.

comments powered by Disqus
digital subscription promo

Subscribe now

Unlimited digital access starting at 99 cents, or included with any print subscription.

loading...