Seahawks add LB O'Brien Schofield
Im officially a Seattle Seahawk now, I'm coming in ready to learn, work hard, compete, be a great teammate and do whatever is needed to win!If healthy, the 6-3, 242-pound Schofield, could help bolster the Seahawks' pass rush as either an outside linebacker or "Leo" defensive end. He had four sacks last season as a starter before suffering a season-ending injury nine games into the season.
— O'Brien Schofield (@Ob_Scho) July 27, 2013
Schofield, who is cousins with former Seahawks receiver Bobby Engram, was a fourth-round pick in 2010 after seeing his draft stock fall following a torn ACL in the senior bowl. He returned midway through his rookie season, played all of 2011, then was a starter last year before suffering the ankle injury.
T Jake Bscherer was released to make room on the roster.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- O'Brien Schofield signs with Falcons March 12
- Jimmy Graham talks about being traded to the Seahawks March 12
- Report: Stefen Wisniewski, a possible Max Unger replacement, will visit Seahawks March 11
- John Schneider talks some more about the Jimmy Graham trade on 710 ESPN Seattle March 11
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider discuss the Jimmy Graham trade March 10
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.