Im officially a Seattle Seahawk now, I'm coming in ready to learn, work hard, compete, be a great teammate and do whatever is needed to win!If healthy, the 6-3, 242-pound Schofield, could help bolster the Seahawks' pass rush as either an outside linebacker or "Leo" defensive end. He had four sacks last season as a starter before suffering a season-ending injury nine games into the season.
— O'Brien Schofield (@Ob_Scho) July 27, 2013
Schofield, who is cousins with former Seahawks receiver Bobby Engram, was a fourth-round pick in 2010 after seeing his draft stock fall following a torn ACL in the senior bowl. He returned midway through his rookie season, played all of 2011, then was a starter last year before suffering the ankle injury.
T Jake Bscherer was released to make room on the roster.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks sign draft picks Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett May 26
- Pete Carroll on Russell Wilson contract talks May 26
- Notes from Seahawks’ first OTA of the offseason May 26
- Russell Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Cliff Avril to miss Seahawks’ first OTA May 26
- Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham shares his inspirational story May 21
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.