Mountlake Terrace's Downs out for season
Hawks star RB/LB tore his anterior cruciate ligament during a team camp in June
Unfortunately for the Hawks star running back/linebacker it ended before it began.
Downs will not play a snap this season after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee during a camp at Oregon State University on June 21-24, according to MLT News.
"At the time he was told it was just hyper-extended. The fact that it did not heal as quickly as we thought prompted him to get an MRI," Terrace head football coach Tony Umayam told MLT News.
"I just felt terrible when I heard about it. It is so sad when such an impactful player isn't able to go out and compete with his team his senior season."
Downs has drawn interest from a number of Pac-12 schools including Washington, Washington State, Colorado, Arizona and Stanford. Downs visited the two conference schools in the Bay Area — Stanford and Cal — this past May.
Most recent Prep Zone posts
- Jackson vs. Bellevue baseball at UW among Wednesday's rain outs March 25
- Live video: Mountlake Terrace vs. Lynnwood baseball March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (Session 2) March 24
- Washington Journalism Education Association Podcast (First session) March 23
- Granite Falls pitcher named WIAA athlete of the week March 20
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.