Carroll: "Percy does have a chance" to return this season
"Now that we’ve taken in all the information, Percy does have a chance to get back and we’ll find that out after the procedure, we’ll know what took place and then they’ll make a guess on how long it will take him," Carroll told the NFL Network. "We’ve got to get him right, got to fix him up and take care of him. We made a big commitment to Percy, we want to make sure he’s 100 percent and ready to go. We look forward to a fast recovery and getting him back out here as soon as possible."
Asked if Harvin's absence hampers the team's plans for the season, Carroll answered, "It really doesn’t. I said from the start we just want to put him into the lineup and be one of the guys out there playing. We really have changed anything. He’s a fantastic football player that we were just going to add into the mix. We’ll miss him on kickoff return, he’s one of the best ever, so that’s an issue for us to fill. Other than that, we’re really happy with our guys, we’re excited about them, we’ve been working hard, and when Percy comes back we’ll just be that much stronger."
Talking about young guys stepping up this training camp, Carroll singled out second-year receiver Jermaine Kearse as well as Stephen Williams, a third-year receiver who Seattle in the offseason.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pete Carroll and Seahawks players stick up for their silent (and occasionally crotch-grabbing) running back Jan. 26
- Seahawks players not bothered by Brandon Browner's "try to break it" comment Jan. 26
- Brandon Browner says Patriots should go after Sherman and Thomas injuries Jan. 26
- Quotes from Richard Sherman, Michael Bennett, Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas, Russell Okung and Jermaine Kearse Jan. 25
- Quotes from Pete Carroll's Super Bowl arrival press conference Jan. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.