NESPELEM -- The fire that destroyed the administration building for the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation in Nespelem apparently was accidental.
The Wenatchee World reported investigators believe the fire started with an electrical problem in the basement.
It was reported at 1:15 a.m. Monday, and firefighters could not save the 38-year-old three-story wooden building.
The fire left about 40 tribal employees without offices, including the tribal council.
More Northwest Headlines
Court denies Medina millionaire’s release from Montana jail Wastewater levels in Spokane River high due to drought 11:10 a.m. Bystanders help but couldn’t save man who drowned in Kitsap County 11:09 a.m. Vancouver drama teacher pleads guilty to sex with student 11:08 a.m. Warm blob of ocean water, drought warming Puget Sound water 11:06 a.m. Public has until Aug. 28 to comment on Hanford plan 11:05 a.m. Yakima hospital to affiliate with Seattle’s Virginia Mason 11:02 a.m. Data shows few Latino voters in Yakima so far 11:01 a.m.
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.