NESPELEM -- The fire that destroyed the administration building for the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation in Nespelem apparently was accidental.
The Wenatchee World reported investigators believe the fire started with an electrical problem in the basement.
It was reported at 1:15 a.m. Monday, and firefighters could not save the 38-year-old three-story wooden building.
The fire left about 40 tribal employees without offices, including the tribal council.
More Northwest Headlines
Washington town evacuated because of wildfire 12:08 p.m. Federal charge filed in Seattle hate crime 12:10 p.m. State Board of Education to set bar for Common Core tests 12:04 p.m. Northern Idaho man pleads not guilty to 3 murder counts 12:02 p.m. Irrigation system in Kittitas County set for early closure 12:01 p.m. Spokane VA center faces challenge in recruiting ER doctors 12:00 p.m. Washington ferry fares going up Oct. 1 Toxic algae blooming in warm water from California to Alaska
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.