Car hopping: Check out more than 100 cars, trucks and motorcycles, and eat your way down Granite Avenue at Granite Falls' 33rd annual Show N' Shine from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. The free event will have food and craft vendors, a street fair, raffles and more. Find out more here.
Waterfront fest: The Mukilteo Waterfront Arts Festival featuring a juried art show, art to buy, entertainment and food is from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at Lighthouse Park, Mukilteo. There's free admission and free parking. More information here.
Outdoor movies: There are several opportunities to watch a movie under the stars this weekend.
- "Big Miracle" plays at Thornton A. Sullivan Park at Silver Lake on Friday. Pre-show entertainment begins at 7:30 p.m. The movie starts at dusk. Learn more here.
- "The Lorax" will play at Lake Tye Park in Monroe on Friday. Pre-show entertainment begins at 8 p.m. The movie starts at dusk. More.
- "Back to the Future" will play in the field at Edmonds' Frances Anderson Center on Friday. The movie begins at 9 p.m. More.
- "Thunderstruck" will play at Perrigoue Memorial Park in Granite Falls on Friday. The movie starts at dusk. The park is on Jordan Road just off W. Stanley Street. More.
- "Mary Poppins" plays at Jennings Park in Marysville on Saturday. The movie will begin around 9 p.m. More.
Fair time: Check out carnival rides, human and animal entertainment, fair food, exhibits and competitions at the Stanwood-Camano Community Fair. The three-day event costs $7 to $10 daily; carnival passes are $20 through Friday. Find out more here.
Outdoor concerts:There are several options to take the family to a free and local concert this weekend.
- Danny Vernon will perform as Elvis at North Creek sports field No. 3 in Bothell on Friday. The show is from 6:30 to 8 p.m. More information.
- Luc and the Lovingtons will perform world music at Port Gardner Landing in Everett on Saturday. The show is from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. More information.
- Northwest folk due Reilly and Maloney will perform at Port Gardner Landing in Everett on Sunday. The show is from 2 to 4 p.m. More information.
- The instrumental Around the Sound Community Band will perform at City Park in Edmonds on Sunday. The show is from 3 to 4 p.m. More information.
Work your mind out: A Right Brain Aerobics class with lectures, interactive exercises, and suggestions is at the Mukilteo Library from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Preregister and get more information here.
Castaway: Check out a theater production of "An Epic Parody: Gilligan's Island," with showings on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $5 to $10. Find out more here.
Rooting around: Saturday is the final day of the American Roots Music Series from 6 to 8 p.m. at Deception Pass State Park, 41020 Highway 20, Oak Harbor. The concert features A Moment in Time, a Seattle African-American a cappella gospel quartet. It's free, but a Discover Pass is required to park. More information here.
Shorts from the swamp: Kidstage Entertainment will feature a free performance of excerpts from Village Theatre's "Shrek the Musical" at noon on Friday. Find out more here.
History: Tour a trolley and historic buildings Heritage Park in Lynnwood. There will be an open house from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Find out more here.
Park for free: Visit any Washington State Park fee-free on Sunday. It's one of 12 days a year that vehicles will not be required to display a Discover Pass for park access. Details here.
Haggle: Visit the "Mother of All Garage Sales" from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in Everett. The sale features more than 100 households and has attracted thousands of yard salers. More information here.
Plan ahead: See more of what's coming in Splash, our annual guide to summer events.
More things to do: Check out our new, improved calendar for more upcoming events in and around Snohomish County.
More Entertainment Headlines
Jay Leno’s vast car collection drives down costs in new show Monday’s highlights on TV Architects using shipping containers for cheaper, faster, more sustainable building ‘Northern Soul’ explores little-known music scene Getting satisfaction From Stones to solo album: Keith Richards making moves Fall streaming TV preview Can this Hollywood moment save NASA? Upcoming book events in Snohomish County
Our to-do list full of ideas for your weekend
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.