AquaSox, Hawks split doubleheader
The AquaSox (8-4) got their first run of the day after a two-out walk by Chantz Mack brought Kyle Petty to the plate in the first. Petty hit a single with Mack running, and an error by right fielder Yasiel Balaguert allowed Mack to score. A line-drive double by Christian Carmichael scored Petty to make it 2-0 Everett.
The Frogs added one in the third on another error, then loaded the bases, chasing Boise starter Michael Wagner. But a popup by Phillips Castillo ended the inning and left three AquaSox stranded.
Boise answered back in the forth with a leadoff, solo home run by Kris Bryant to make it 3-1, but Everett starter Jake Zokan settled down and retired the next three batters in order.
Zokan turned in another quality performance, giving up just two hits and striking out seven over six innings. He has only allowed two runs over his last 18 innings. Zokan kept a cool head under pressure in the sixth after giving up a pair of singles with no outs, retiring three in a row to preserve the 3-1 lead.
In the opener, Boise starter Dillon Maples kept Everett’s bats quiet, going five shutout innings and allowing just two hits to earn the win.
Splitting the doubleheader gives the AquaSox a two-game lead in the Northwest League’s North Division.
- First-inning leadoff homer lead Orioles to 1-0 win over M's 8/3/14
- Diamondbacks' Goldschmidt out for year with broken hand 8/3/14
- Merchants ousted from NBC World Series 8/3/14
- Pacific Little League remains unbeaten, beats Montana 10-4 8/3/14
- Mariners' Iwakuma road winning streak stops at 9 8/3/14
- Emeralds walk off with 7-6 win over AquaSox 8/3/14
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.