Sunday Seahawks training camp notes
Pete Carroll said RB Robert Turbin (foot) passed his physical and will come off the Physically Unable to Perform list, and will take place in this afternoon's walkthrough. TE Zach Miller, who also has a foot injury, is not as far along as Turbin, but Carroll said the hope is to have him back by the third preseason game.
Fullback Michael Robinson was among those out of action, resting the sore ankle that sidelined him for a couple of days early in camp. WR Stephen Williams was out with a sore neck after being upended by Winston Guy Friday. Bruce Irvin sat with a groin injury, but Carroll said he thinks Irvin will be OK for Thursday's preseason opener. Returning to action after a day off were Doug Baldwin and Kam Chancellor. Middle linebacker Bobby Wagner was also back in action after missing two days with a sore shoulder. DE Cliff Avril (hamstring) continues to sit, but Carroll said he's close to back, though he won't likely play Thursday.
On the non-injury front, Walter Thurmond spent a lot of time with the No. 1 nickel defense Sunday, and it looks more and more like he really will push Antoine Winfield for that job.
"This is going to be a real battle," Carroll said.
Asked about Friday's mock game, Carroll said DT Jesse Williams looked "the best he's looked so far." Carroll also praised the play of CB Byron Maxwell.
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Seahawks-Bears preseason Game No. 3 thread Aug. 22
- Marshawn Lynch expected to play (more than 2 snaps); other notes and quotes Aug. 21
- Seahawks WR Percy Harvin, fully healthy, now able to do a lot “that I wasn't able to do before” Aug. 20
- Steve Ballmer breaks camera, wins closest-to-the pin contest Aug. 20
- Notes from Seahawks coordinators Darrell Bevell and Dan Quinn Aug. 19
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.