Josh Garrett was averaging about 50 miles a day in Oregon and Washington. He even had one day where he managed more than 70 miles.
My legs hurt just thinking about it.
Garrett is hiking the trail with some support from crews who meet him at the occasional road crossings.
Heather "Anish" Anderson of Bellingham is also close to breaking a speed record.
Both Anderson and Garrett are vegans, making their efforts even more interesting. That much hiking takes a lot of food to fuel it all.
Read more about their hikes at Rich Landers' story in The Spokesman-Review.
Read more about Anderson in Landers' blog here.
Most recent Explore NW posts
- Section of Pacific Crest Trail closed due to fire in Glacier Peak Wilderness July 24
- Best shots: Some of my favorite recent outdoor photos July 21
- Photographers catch baby orca 'leaping for joy' July 20
- Student learn leadership, love of nature on trips in North Cascades July 19
- Upcoming outdoor events July 16
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.