Sunday Seahawks notes
"It’s great to have him out,” Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. “We've missed him. He’s just been chomping at the bit. He had such a good first year and he’s just a real big part of the young group on this team, and I’m excited that he’s back out there and he looked really good today. Of course he has fresh legs and all that, but it was really good to have him back out there, really for him too, because he’s been very frustrated."
Seattle's other top backup back, Christine Michael, was not in action, however, because of back spasms, and Carroll said the second-round pick is "pretty stoved up, so it might be a little bit before we get him back out." And no, I have no idea what "stoved up" means.
On Cliff Avril (hamstring) and Zach Miller (foot), Carroll said both are improving but that they "might still be two weeks away." Carroll said it's "not necessarily" imperative to get either veteran back for the third preseason game.
G James Carpenter (foot) is also "still a couple weeks away from being back on the field," Carroll said.
DE/LB Bruce Irvin (groin) "looked great running" Carroll said, but still isn't quite ready to practice.
Among other also out were DT Tony McDaniel (groin), CB Byron Maxwell (ankle) and DT Jaye Howard (shoulder).
Most recent Seattle Sidelines posts
- Pool report on the Seahawks' Friday practice, including more on Kam Chancellor injury Jan. 30
- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell weighs in on criticism from Richard Sherman and Marshawn Lynch's aversion to media Jan. 30
- Seahawks-Patriots final injury report of Super Bowl week Jan. 30
- Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick spend 30 minutes heaping praise on each other Jan. 30
- Carroll would support Sherman if he chose son's birth over Super Bowl Jan. 30
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.