The Boeing Co. delivered the Dreamliner on Thursday to International Lease Finance Co., which is leasing the 787 to Aeromexico. The airplane took off for Mexico City from Everett's Paine Field on Friday.
"The arrival of Aeromexico's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner represents a milestone for the Mexican aviation history." Andres Conesa, chief executive officer of Aeromexico, said in a statement.
Aeromexico is counting down the time to the Dreamliner's arrival in Mexico City on its Facebook page.
This is the first of nine 787-8s that Aeromexico will operate. And it will operate 10 787-9s.
This is the second customer to take delivery of a Dreamliner leased through ILFC. In late June, ILFC took delivery of a 787 that is being operated by Norwegian.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Atlas Air says its buying another Boeing 747-8 freighter as air cargo market grows June 26
- Boeing sells 'Terrible Teen' 787s to Ethiopian Airlines June 17
- Potential new airplanes dominate talk at Paris Air Show June 17
- Lynnwood firms lands Mississippi work at Paris Air Show June 16
- Boeing considers new commercial jetliner June 15
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.