The Boeing Co. delivered the Dreamliner on Thursday to International Lease Finance Co., which is leasing the 787 to Aeromexico. The airplane took off for Mexico City from Everett's Paine Field on Friday.
"The arrival of Aeromexico's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner represents a milestone for the Mexican aviation history." Andres Conesa, chief executive officer of Aeromexico, said in a statement.
Aeromexico is counting down the time to the Dreamliner's arrival in Mexico City on its Facebook page.
This is the first of nine 787-8s that Aeromexico will operate. And it will operate 10 787-9s.
This is the second customer to take delivery of a Dreamliner leased through ILFC. In late June, ILFC took delivery of a 787 that is being operated by Norwegian.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing says it will make 747 panels, but for whom? Sep. 17
- Boeing plans to increase 767 production Sep. 9
- British Airways’ Boeing 777 engulfed in fire in Las Vegas was in accident 11 years ago Sep. 8
- Cancellations leave Boeing with zero 747 orders in 2015 Sep. 3
- Korean Air takes possession of 747-8s Aug. 25
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.