Aeromexico flies away with its first Boeing 787
The Boeing Co. delivered the Dreamliner on Thursday to International Lease Finance Co., which is leasing the 787 to Aeromexico. The airplane took off for Mexico City from Everett's Paine Field on Friday.
"The arrival of Aeromexico's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner represents a milestone for the Mexican aviation history." Andres Conesa, chief executive officer of Aeromexico, said in a statement.
Aeromexico is counting down the time to the Dreamliner's arrival in Mexico City on its Facebook page.
This is the first of nine 787-8s that Aeromexico will operate. And it will operate 10 787-9s.
This is the second customer to take delivery of a Dreamliner leased through ILFC. In late June, ILFC took delivery of a 787 that is being operated by Norwegian.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Boeing’s KC-46 program has little room for more delays, says Air Force general Nov. 19
- Boeing 787 takes off to test new eco tech Nov. 17
- 2 Boeing contract workers injured, taken to hospitals Nov. 14
- Boeing and Airbus plan to spend more on Chinese suppliers Nov. 11
- Boeing CEO says new airplane will replace 737 by 2030 Nov. 5
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.