The Boeing Co. delivered the Dreamliner on Thursday to International Lease Finance Co., which is leasing the 787 to Aeromexico. The airplane took off for Mexico City from Everett's Paine Field on Friday.
"The arrival of Aeromexico's first Boeing 787 Dreamliner represents a milestone for the Mexican aviation history." Andres Conesa, chief executive officer of Aeromexico, said in a statement.
Aeromexico is counting down the time to the Dreamliner's arrival in Mexico City on its Facebook page.
This is the first of nine 787-8s that Aeromexico will operate. And it will operate 10 787-9s.
This is the second customer to take delivery of a Dreamliner leased through ILFC. In late June, ILFC took delivery of a 787 that is being operated by Norwegian.
Most recent Aerospace blog posts
- Last Mitsubishi MRJ test plane enters final assembly July 27
- Boeing considers cutting titanium to drop 787 cost July 24
- As Boeing’s 787 gets more reliable, suppliers see drop in spare-part sales July 24
- Boeing adds Japanese suppliers to 777X work July 24
- FedEx places the biggest-ever order for 767 freighters July 22
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.