Lt. Chris Cammock says firefighters put out flames just before midnight Thursday and the three were treated at Skagit Valley Hospital for burns to arms and faces.
A 2-liter soda bottle was filled with gas for the oil extraction process and something ignited the fumes. The blast shattered a window and damaged walls.
The apartment building was evacuated for two hours while a Washington State Patrol bomb squad made sure there were no more explosives. The Mount Vernon fire marshal closed five units surrounding the damaged apartment for an investigation.
More Northwest Headlines
Washington project ensures forest stores carbon for decades E. coli tied to Costco more dangerous than Chipotle outbreak Student leader: Washington college unsafe for women of color Court revives Oregon suit over ‘phantom recall’ of Motrin New wolf pack appears in Okanogan County Thousands in Washington to spend Thanksgiving in dark, cold Environmental review: Vancouver oil-by-rail terminal could hurt fish Spokane commission supportings bringing refugees
Our new comment system is not supported in IE 7. Please upgrade your browser here.